Saturday, January 8, 2011

Re: Congresswoman Giffords and the Others

I spent this morning on the doctors' blog, where a thread was started mocking Michelle Obama on broccoli. Fine; they hate Obama. One poster moved on to denounce the 'cult of Obama', and likened her to Elena Ceausescu. I objected. The reply was that Obama deserved it.

The thread went on to an unfavorable comparison of Michelle's physiognomy to that of Carla Bruni, whose nude picture one poster cited; appalling sexist posts rained down. I held my tongue; if they didn't get why Ceausescu was unacceptable, I didn't think it worth it. I apologise for that.

Next, one clever fellow humorously suggested that Michelle Obama would enforce a 'broccoli mandate' using Tontons Macoutes. I posted that this was despicable, racist and entirely unacceptable, opinions about Obama be damned. Maybe 10 or 20 posts later, nobody finds this crap even mildly objectionable. How much further the fuck need one go to meet disapproval from anybody but me?

I have no doubt that some of these highly paid, highly educated professionals will have little if any problem with Giffords' wounds, and will accuse liberals of a typical hysterical overreaction to the act of a single, isolated madman.

And, too, the Tea Partiers/Republicans say something along the lines of, well, he shouldn't have shot her, but we understand why a defender of the Constitution and the fucking Second Amendment would be outraged by her liberal subversion of all this country holds dear. Just as they said, well, they shouldn't have killed Dr Slepian as he was eating breakfast at home with his family, or Dr Tiller as he was leaving church, but abortion is murder. Just like they said McVeigh shouldn't have leveled the Murrah building, but the government is too big. Just like they said they shouldn't have shot those ATF agents, but those jackbooted thugs want to tell us how to live and take our guns. Just like they said he shouldn't have flown that plane into an IRS building, but taxation is theft.

They have much to answer for, and they won't do it, and far too few people in this country will call them to account for what they've said and done. They were all on the grassy knoll today. Bastards.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the shooter is a teabagger, the media will flush it down the memory hole by this time next week, and it will never be referred to as an act of terrorism.

And yes, before it is flushed, we'll be treated to a week of Rationalization Theater.

ProfWombat said...

A lone crazy, obviously, operating entirely out of his own madness. Yet another abdication of responsibility...

Ruth said...

Got lots of trolls at my post insisting the left was just as guilty. No examples. It's all about denial today. It's all they've got. I'm glad I'll never stoop that low, but then I'm just as sure they'll never look in the mirror.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found your website by the use of Google whilst looking for a similar
subject, your web site came up, it appears good.
I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hi there, simply became aware of your weblog via Google, and located that it is
truly informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels.
I'll be grateful if you continue this in future. A lot of people might be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

my weblog ... continue reading